Monday, August 3, 2009

Day #50 - Pat and Mike



This movie took me two screenings to get through as I actually fell asleep the first time! I loved Hepburn and Tracy together again but I didn't care much for the movie - it just didn't keep my interest. It was kind of fun to see Kate playing golf and tennis - I have read that she was really good at sports.

Kate Hepburn plays Pat, a woman who is a great athlete but who seems to be held back by her fiance - as is typical for Kate's roles, she didn't want to feel like she was tied down to any preconceived notion of what women should and should not do. He treated her like property, and after competing in the Women's Nationals for golf, she decides to not go home with him as planned. Instead, she goes to find Spencer Tracy's character Mike - an Agent/Promoter, he introduces himself to Pat at the golf tournament, hoping to make some money from her. Pat and Mike then embark on a relationship where he promotes her sports and they slowly start to fall in love, despite Mike being a bit shady in his work and Pat working through things with her fiance.

So yah, overall, I have enjoyed the other Kate/Spence movies much more than this one but am always glad to mark ones off the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment